As we live in a multicultural society, the Early Years Learning Framework reflects the importance of cultural awareness and acceptance. To strengthen our cultural competence, we as Educators need to have the ability to understand, communicate with and effectively interact with people across cultures.
This book provides a variety of learning experiences for 24 cultural celebrations and festivals. The results from the 2011 census contributed to incorporating religious celebrations and festivals for; Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Taoism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism. However, we have also incorporated other well-known cultural celebrations. As Educators we can implement these experiences with the children to show and teach equality, acceptance and understanding within the diverse culture of a learning environment and wider community.
More features of this book include:
- How including various cultural celebrations into a program links to the EYLF Learning Outcomes
- Dates and descriptions of each celebration
- National and Independence Days calendar
- Important religious celebrations and festivals
- A list of other well-known celebrations from around the world